Monday, 8 June 2015

Embroidered Playtime Tunic

The Oliver and S Playtime Tunic would have to be one of my most worn patterns.  For this one I tried adding some embroidery but I'm not 100% sure it was worth it.

The fabric is some Cotton and Steel (surprise, surprise!) and as usual it sewed up really nicely.  I made a dress version of this pattern in some cheaper fabric I'd bought from Spotlight, and you can really tell the difference, when sewing with it. 

I made a size three and it fits nicely but still has plenty of room for growing.  I think the tunic length is the best fit for us with this pattern.  I made a size three dress a few weeks ago and it was far too long! The pattern is an easy one to put together, in fact I only glanced at the instructions as I've made a few times before.

 For something a bit different I added some embroidery around some of the shapes on the bodice.  It took me ages to decide which colour threads to use and I'm not sure in the end if it was really worth it.  Close up, you can tell but I think I should have used double strands of the thread for it be really effective.  It's something I would like to do again so at least I will have learnt for next time.

Sorry for inside pics yet again!  Every time I have a chance to photograph anything the weather seems to take a turn for the worse.  On the plus side, at least I have finished my school reports (thank goodness!) and school holidays are coming up so hopefully I'll have some more time up my sleeve soon.


  1. The embroidery might not be visible from far away, but it is lovely from up close, very nice idea!

  2. Thank you, it's definiteky something I will try again