Saturday 21 May 2016

Splat Celstial Dress


I'm doing my best at the moment to get a lot more use out of the patterns I already own.  It's easy to get swept up in new patten releases and fabric shopping, but I'm doing my best to sew through my fabric and pattern stash.  My new rule is I have to sew at least 3 things on my to sew list before I can buy something new.  We'll see how I go...




In the meantime this is yet another Celestial dress by Pattern Fantastique.  I actually sewed this up straight after the cloudy one I made but I've only just photographed it on my big photo-taking day from the start of the week.  I went again with sleeveless as it works so well with layering in winter, especially with my long cardigans.  


The fabric is some Alison Glass I'd bought earlier in the year.  It's really not my usual colour scheme, but I just fell in love with it in the shop and I knew straight away it would be perfect for this dress.  It has  a lovely drape and I'm already getting lots and lots of wear out of it.


Still trying to improve my photography skills.  It's trickier now I'm taking more inside photos now the weathers gotten cooler.  I went with some settings I found on Pinterest and it looked ok on the camera screen but then didn't look as good on the computer screen.  I'll just keep practicing and I hope I get it right some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment