Saturday 19 November 2016

Striped Tinny Dress

I'm kind of proud of this one!


This is a gathered skirt version of the Tinny dress by Straightgrain, a pattern I come back to again and again.


I loved this fabric when I saw one of my local fabric stores post a picture of it on Instagram.  Freya saw the picture and asked for that please, please, please.  She also picked out some orange with diamonds on from the same range. When I'd finished making it, she was very proud that she'd picked the fabric.


I've made this pattern so many times I used the cheat sheet instead of each instruction.  I knew I wanted the stripes to go different ways on the bodice and skirt.  It took quite a bit of work to get that zipper to line up, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


This is the first time I'd ever done a blind hem too. I think it's something I'll be using a lot more.


Don't you love a four year old's style?! She's got new shoes and now she won't wear anything else :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment