Monday, 4 August 2014

Another Fawn Lilly

After loving my first version of this pattern so much I decided to quickly sew up another before I get distracted with some other project.  I'd had this blue fabric from "A day in the country" for an everyday skirt I had made for myself.  I'd always planned to use it for something for Freya and this was the perfect pattern, although I had to do some careful cutting to make sure I had enough...

This time I used a button tab instead of the crossover and just added piping on the yoke seam.  I used a plain blue fabric for the sleeves and I like how it turned out.  I find this version also fits over Freya's giant head a bit easier too.

The snaps I attached using my snapsetter tool and went on very easily.  I find whenever I can now I use snaps instead of buttons where possible.  It's just quicker and easier when dressing a wriggling two year old.  Anyways this dress turned out well, although my top-stitching wasn't quite as good on this version.
This was the only decent modelled picture I could get...

No comments:

Post a Comment