Thursday, 31 July 2014

Hide and Seek Dress

I'm calling this my copycat dress.  I've seen some lovely versions in chambray sewn up on the Oliver and S Flickr group and I knew I had to make one too!  The fat quarter is one I bought at the Melbourne Quilt show earlier in the year (actually on the day Freya was having her epilepsy surgery, it was a great distraction!)  The blue is left over from the first Washi I'd made for myself.  I was originally planning to use it for a Family Reunion Dress but when I saw the two fabrics together I knew it was destined for a Hide and Seek Dress.

The pattern was pretty easy and came together very quickly.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to make sure the print lined up on the back and I think I did a passable job, although I've just noticed in these photos the front bodice has gone a bit crooked :(  The pattern has some lovely details but I decided to leave off the welt pockets on this version.  Freya hasn't quite discovered pockets yet and I was being a bit lazy that day.

This dress is a bit too big at the moment but I think it will be perfect in Spring when the weather starts to warm up a bit.  She seemed to like it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment