Monday, 10 November 2014

Olivia Dress

Last year I sewed an Olivia Top pattern from Craftiness is not optional.  I liked it very much and meant to sew more but never got around to it.  When I saw this fabric in the shop though, I could straight away picture what I was going to make, et voila!

This time I opted for the sleeveless dress length.  I thought about the short sleeved length but I wanted to use more of the orange bias tape to frame the bodice.  I'm glad I did.  The pattern has a funny way of attaching the bias tape.  You sew them into rings first and then sew it over the sleeve holes.  It was a little fiddly, but I generally find bias tape fiddly (I'm starting to get better...)

The dress was sewn together quickly and I think it's been nice to use some brighter colours ready for Summer.  I made a size two and I think it will last her for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment