Tuesday 17 February 2015

Spotty Lotta Dress

This is the Compagnie m lotta dress, a pattern I bought as soon as it was released.  I mean, just look at those pockets!


This is a size two and fits nicely.  It's got a nice drop waist style and isn't really like anything I've seen before.  It has three different closure option and for this one I went with the buttons (although I used snaps as they are just so much easier) This is the cap sleeve dress but you can also make it with no sleeves or use the sleeves from her previous patterns.


It was a fairly straight forward sew, the only thing I'll do different next time is to trace the stitching line on the pockets.  I thought I'd be able to wing it with the shape and it look fine but I'd be a bit more accurate next time.  


I've had this teal fabric sitting around for a while since I bought the last of the bolt a while ago.  I think the trouble was I liked it so much I didn't want to waste it!  Luckily I've still got some left so I can make something else too.  I really love this dress and am already pondering which fabric I'll make it in next.










2 comments:

  1. I also love those pockets! The combination of the white against the teal (and white dots) is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your projects in general and just nominated you for the Liebster award. If you want to know more check out my blog.

      Delete