Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Puperita Pleated Pinafore

I've had a very productive week :)  Not only have I made two pairs of pants and a top but I also managed to fit in a dress.




This is the new Mini Tulips pattern by Puperita.  I have bought and a few of her romper patterns but this was the first dress and I think I'll be going back for more.  This one is a size 3 and while it is generous on Freya at least I know she won't grow out of it too quickly and it will be great for layering in Winter.



I used a pink micro dot I had in the stash and the grey was some Andover chambray.  I used some white piping in the bodice seam and some nice big buttons so it didn't look too plain.  I really like how it has turned out.


The dress is fully lined so can easily be made reversible but I didn't with this one and went with some plain, old white lining for the skirt.  The pattern itself went together smoothly although I think I still need to practise sewing curves.  Reading through the instructions before I started I was a bit confused with some steps, but as often happens when I'm sewing, once I had the dress in front of me it was very easy to work out.  


The wind had really picked up outside for these photos but I think she can still turn on the charm.





3 comments: