Sunday 5 July 2015

Tiger Sweet Pocket Pinafore

More, stuck inside because it is raining photos today I'm afraid!


I'd been away from the sewing machine for a while, with work commitments and illness getting in the way and a good, quick project was just what I needed.  This is the sweet pocket pinafore by Heidi and Finn.  This was one of the first PDF patterns I bought a few years ago and I'd made a few for baby Freya but hadn't made any recently.  I'm glad I brought it out again.


This is some more Cotton and Steel fabric which was a total impulse buy.  There was the last 70cm of the bolt left so I quickly bought it with now real plan in mind.  It was plenty for this size three top.  I used some pale polka dot for the lining which has matched nicely.  I love the cross-over back detail and no closures so that's a bonus!


I left off the pocket as I wanted to show off the print.  This is a seriously quick sew, even with cutting out would take about an hour maybe.  The trickiest thing is the side seam.  You have to match the main side seams and pull a bit of the lining out and then sew in the rest later.  I've found I can never really match that up with the side seam so I just hand sew that closed now.


It's a great top for layering and showing off prints.  I'd love to do one with some embroidery on the front too.  It's been great to revisit an old favourite, I should do that more often.



1 comment: