Sunday 18 October 2015

Hide and Seek

Today, it was next to impossible to get this girl to stand still!  You have been warned...



I've had this top made up for a while now but unfortunately with going back to work and Little Miss being quite sick, today was the first chance I've had to photograph it.



 It is a size three Oliver and S Hide and Seek Tunic.  The last time I made this I made the full length dress with the three quarter length sleeves.  Something about the fit and proportions of that particular dress never looked quite right on our girl so she barely wore it.  After looking at the pattern again though I decided the shorter sleeves and the tunic length might be a better fit and I think I was right.


  The tunic looks much better than the dress and it's perfect with leggings for those cooler Spring days, but I think it will also work well with shorts.  


The fabric is a very light teal polka dot, which hasn't shown up the best in these photos.  I usually pair it with a red cardigan on cooler days and that really makes the colour pop.  Construction wise there isn't too much to say.  The instructions and pattern were easy to follow and it all went together easily.


Little Miss has been obsessed with playing hide-and-seek lately so of course she was playing a bit of that during the shoot today.  Quite appropriate I think.




2 comments:

  1. It looks great. I've only made the dress version, which I really love - your post makes me think I should try the tunic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i think I'd like to try the dress with short sleeves next :)

      Delete