Monday 14 December 2015

My first Zeena dress

Me again!  This time with a By Hand London Zeena dress





I liked this pattern when it was first released but didn't love it straight away.  I eventually decided to give it a go after seeing some nice versions on Instagram and I'm glad I did.


It's a quick straightforward sew with no darts just pleats in the bodice and skirt.  The print made it a bit more complicated and I had a go at matching it as best I could.  I made a straight 14 which seems to be my size with By Hand London without too much fuss.  After wearing it for a day I found the neckline was a bit gapey so I think I'll take in the shoulders a bit on the next one to see if that helps.


I tried to print match the zipper seam as best I could but was only ever so slightly off.  I hope it's not too noticeable but as this was a bit of a tester version I'm just happy to have a wearable dress

The rest of the fit was fine.  It's a relaxed style so it has a comfortable, almost baggy fit.  I did find the skirt pieces a bit wide to fit on most of the fabrics in my stash so that's something to bear in mind. Overall I'm really happy with this dress and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it.



2 comments:

  1. Just download the Zeena and really like the fabric choice and finish of your version. It looks comfortable and stylish. I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It was a fabric on sale for a "test" dress but I've grown to like it a lot. It is a very comfortable dress and it's worth giving it a try :)

      Delete