Saturday 2 January 2016

My Triangle Zeena

I've had this dress sewn up for a while and it seemed a great chance to try out my new tripod.

























I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

This is my second and certainly not my last Zeena dress from By Hand London.  For this version I really wanted to use this print but as it was directional it wasn't going to work with the pleated skirt for me.  Using the pattern pieces as a guide I cut the skirt pieces selvedge to selvedge and used a gather stitch instead.  I think it's worked really well.


I tweaked the fit of the bodice by sewing the shoulders at 7/8" and that seems to have fixed the loose neckline of the original.  This all went together very simply and quickly.


The fabric is some Art Gallery fabric I found a few months ago and loved.  It's quite thin and drapes nicely which worked well here. I'm super happy with this dress and already planning my next one...


I'm using the good old brick wall as a background.  We've had a few very hot days lately and this is the best bit of shade we have.  Of course my little helper couldn't stay behind the camera for too long!
  

 Aren't we a couple of pros? (NOT!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment