Monday 4 January 2016

Jane Dress with Ballerinas

For a little girl mad about Ballerinas this was an instant buy as soon as I saw it.




 It was available in pink as well, but we couldn't be too girly now!


I wanted more of an everyday dress and in my wisdom I only bought 3/4 of a metre.  Luckily the Jane Dress by Shwin Designs was perfect so I made yet another one, although some of the placements of the Ballerinas was a bit unfortunate...


I toyed with the idea of adding a collar but decided not to out of pure laziness I'm afraid.  I think it still looks nice without it though, and she was very pleased with it when she saw it in the morning.


I've made this pattern before and don't have too much to add construction wise.  For this version I made the size four so it's quite roomy but not as short as the last one.  I also added a piece of elastic at the neckline opening instead of using a hook and eye.  


It was nice that it had cooled down a little instead of the very hot days we'd had previously.  Unfortunately the lawn has suffered a bit, but at least it's a change from the brick wall :)


2 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your blog! It is fun and adorable! Something really charming about it. Maybe it's your little girl! You did a great job with her ballerina dress as it appears you always do! ;)

    http://www.theoccupiedoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and your very kind words :)

      Delete