Saturday 27 February 2016

Anna Dress with some Twirl

Because it doesn't matter how old you are, it's still great to have a dress that twirls!



This is my trusty V-neck Anna bodice from By Hand London with a circle skirt attached.  Getting the circle skirt to match the waist to a little manoeuvring but I'm so glad I did it.


I had cut out and almost finished this dress before Christmas.  I literally only had the hem to do, but for some reason I never got to it.  In fact I made Freya a pair of pants out of the leftover fabric before finishing the dress I'd originally bought the fabric for!  The fabric is some lovely Stof spots that I'd had my eye on for a while.  I'm trying to be a bit more bold with my fabric choices and I love a good polka dot!


Construction wise it all went as well as could be expected.  I'm very familiar with putting the bodice together now.  I think I might have another crack at altering the fit a little bit as I can't make up my mind on whether or it's too loose in the chest.


In the meantime though I have a dress that I love.  I'm also super co-ordinated today with my new Saltwater Sandals.  My shoes broke on a recent day out and luckily I found these.  I think they've barely come off my feet yet and now I want some in every colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment