Sunday 24 July 2016

Another Emma Wiggle Dress

When you're a huge fan of the Wiggles, one Emma dress is never enough, especially when you're going to a concert!


I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with sewing and blogging lately, with it being Winter and the usual spate of sniffles and coughs.  I made this a few weeks ago for the Wiggles Concert we went to but have only just had chance to photograph and blog about it now!


I used the First Day Dress as I knew I wanted a circle skirt but needed a quick sew as I had left making the dress to the last minute as usual.  I've made this pattern before and knew it ran a bit small and as I wanted to layer it (with it being Winter and all) so I made a size 5 bodice but the size 4 length.


For the skirt I wanted to do something a bit different than the last one.  Instead of using stripes down the side I used my embroidery machine to embroider 6 musical bows.   I used a design from Urban Threads that was perfect! In my head that sounded very straight forward but it did take me almost a whole day, between measuring, positioning, stabilizing and then stitching each design in the skirt.  I think it was worth the trouble though.


For some added twirl factor I added some tulle under the skirt.  I made up 4 underskirts in tulle and a lining in some yellow cotton.  After hemming a little bit of yellow peeps out from underneath but I do wish I had cut them a little longer.


I am so thrilled with how it turned out.  I think it's a deceptively simple looking dress but it has also been one of my most involved projects so far.  She absolutely loves it and wants to wear it every chance she gets.  Definitely worth the effort then!

No comments:

Post a Comment