Wednesday 12 October 2016

Yet Another Cat Dress

Because a girl can never have too many cat dresses!


This is an Oliver and S Roller Skate dress which is one of my favourites, Freya's too if I'm honest.  She loved wearing her ones from last year and I've had to hide them as they are really getting too small.


This fabric is from the Cat Lady range from Cotton and Steel.  I bought it at the same time as the previous fabric.  I knew instantly this is what I would make from it and didn't change my mind for once!  I hadn't originally planned to add the facing, and certainly not in the mustard but when I put them together it just worked so well.   


The pattern went together as smoothly and quickly as ever.  The only thing I did differently was to use the tunic length for the lining to save on fabric.  I also used carbon paper and put the stitching lines on the lining to save risking the main fabric.   It's turned out well as always and I know she'll get a lot of wear out of it.  It's such a great, practical pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment