Saturday 1 October 2016

Red Dorset Dress

There's nothing better than a great, simple pattern.


This is the new Heidi and Finn pattern called The Dorset Dress.  It's a simple a-line dress with some lovely details, which are my favourite kind.  The PDF went together without any difficulty and didn't use up too many pages.  


The back closes with a hidden button placket.  I really liked this feature as it was nice not to fiddle with zippers or button loops.


To be honest I wasn't sure about the button tabs on the front.  I was planning on leaving them off but then during sewing it together I was worried it was looking a tad plain.  So I ended up adding them with some blue piping for extra effect,  I'm so glad I did, but Freya keeps putting her hands in them expecting pockets.


The fabric is some Cotton and Steel I bought without any project in mind.  I've noticed I have been using a lot of blue and teal in my sewing so it was nice to give Freya a pop of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment