Saturday 7 January 2017

Sullivan Dress

Hello! I hope everyone has had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year!


This is actually a dress I made last year but it sat languishing on a shelf waiting for a button that I finally sewed on last week.


The pattern is the Sullivan Dress from Sew Much Ado.  I was instantly drawn to the scallops and the very cute sleeves.  It all went together fairly well.  I had a few errors and frustrations but I think they were more my mistakes than the pattern's.  For instance I stuffed up the lining and had to re-do the bodice, and then I couldn't seem to press the sleeves so the seam allowance sat nicely.


I was a bit worried the fabric would make the dress end up looking a bit flat, but I think in the end it's turned out OK. 
Check out my crazy eyes!

I'm finding it a lot easier to post pictures of projects on Instagram these days.  I've put some of my recent selfish makes up there and hope to get around to posting them here soon. 



1 comment:

  1. The dress looks lovely. I too love the scallops detail :) Hope your girlie will enjoy wearing it :) I have been super lazy blogging-wise. Time to catch up on the latest makes... starting from October!

    ReplyDelete