Friday 18 August 2017

Cosmo Dress

I am delighted to be taking part in the Cosmo dress pattern tour.



This is the Cosmo dress pattern from Sewpony and it's another winner. I knew instantly that this would be a dress I would love when I started seeing photos on Instagram. 


I made the pattern as is but I used the cap sleeve from this Miss Polly dress instead.  Freya really likes dresses with short or no sleeves and I wanted to keep using the piping.  I really like how you can mix and match the collars and sleeves from some of the other Sewpony patterns.  
The pattern itself was a fairly straight forward sew and the instructions and photos made each step clear. Adding the piping took a little longer but this dress just works so well with piping, so it was worth it.


It actually took me a while to decide which fabric to use for this dress. I kept changing my mind and finding it hard to commit to one idea. Finally I decided on this one and I'm so glad I did.  I knew I liked it but as soon as Little Miss put it on I LOVED it.


I love the detail of the exposed zipper on this dress.  I haven't sewn many exposed zippers (this is my second) but the instructions were very clear and Suz has even made a video to show you how its done. I used fabric glue instead of pins too which I think helped make it a little less fiddly.


The pockets were a hit as well. She'd only had it on for 5 minutes before she was trying out what would fit in them. 


So another great dress pattern from Suz and definitely one I'll be making again.  I'd love to try and be a bit adventurous with my colour blocking for the next one I reckon. Watch this space!


Be sure to check out the other beautiful dresses on the Cosmo tour!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress Alex! I love that you used the Miss Polly sleeves - they go so well! Thanks for joining in and I hope
    You had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is such a gorgeous version of the pattern! Love the sleeve pieces you used. I too love it that different pieces from other Sewpony patterns can be mixed and matched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the mix and match feature of these patterns make them so useable again and again don't they?

      Delete