Monday 30 November 2015

Cherry Dress for a Cherry Party

In our local town recently it was the annual strawberry and cherry festival so of course Freya needed a cherry dress.


 We have a little tradition of trying to schedule family gatherings regularly with a theme.  So far we've done Christmas in July, High Tea, Mexican, Breakfast and Bacon.  This time it was strawberries and cherries.  So of course two days before our family gathering was a perfect time to break this cherry fabric out of the stash.


I knew I wanted a quick easy pattern and one that didn't break up the print too much so I made a Jane dress by Shwin designs.  I've made the top a couple of times and the dress was just as quick and easy, I cut it out and sewed it up all in one night!


This is a size three and it is a bit shorter than I would have liked but the great thing with this pattern is I think it will transition well into a tunic with leggings.  The construction was very easy.  The only thing I add is to hand-sew the facing down at the front as I found the last version I made the facing would flip up a bit through the day.


This blogpost was brought to you today by yummy English Jelly Babies.  The best kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment