Monday 6 April 2015

Bubble Top and Wide-leg Pants

Yay!  I made more separates. 


This was also a day where Freya refused to stand remotely still for any photos... 
The top pattern is the Bubble Top pattern by Elegance and Elephants.  I made one last year and loved it although the curved sides seams on the front has caused me some frustration each time.  I almost packed this one away but I kept at it and I'm glad I did.


The pants are the Wide-leg pants from the Japanese sewing book 'Sew Chic Kids'  It was very easy to put together even with the sparse instructions that is the norm for these books.  The only thing I'd do differently next time is give myself a little more room to play with at the top for the elastic waistband as it was a bit tricky to thread the elastic in.


The pants are a size 2 and are quite long so I rolled the hem up.  At least I know they'll last for a long while.  The top was a size 2/3 and I'm not sure if I would have been better making the next size up.  Then again I could just be used to making so many dresses which is why it seems short.


I finished these a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't gotten around to blogging them. Hooray for school holidays and having time to catch up on sewing and blogging (and I suppose some housework too...)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit and very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I need to practise taking 'action' shots :)

      Delete
  2. I love the pockets, they are very roomy and look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were worth the trouble, perfect for storing little treasures.

      Delete