Tuesday 21 April 2015

KCW Tilda Jane Top

Just when I think I shouldn't buy any more patterns, temptation strikes again!



This is the Jane Top by Shwin Designs.  I bought it almost as soon as it was released.  It has the options of being a dress or top, with different length sleeves and an optional Peter Pan collar.  For this round I've made the plain top but I'm sure I will make full use of the options soon..  Going by the measurements I made a size two, even though Little Miss will almost be three soon.  I have found their Maggie Mae dress pattern to run a bit big so I thought that was a safe bet.  The only thing I did do was use the size 3 length in the sleeves.


The fabric is some small floral from Tilda.  I've actually used this fabric once before and I really like it.  It's floral but not overly so and I think it looks so sweet on Freya.  I'll probably end up making something else in it eventually!

The pattern went together smoothly. The gathers at the front was a smidge fiddly but still didn't cause too much bother.  You can use either a button loop or a hook and eye for the closure. For this top I experimented a little and tried the hook and eye.  I'll be interested to see how it holds up.  Next time I will add some interfacing the facing just for a bit more strength.


So far it's been a productive Kids Clothes Week, but my work week starts tomorrow so that's when the real challenge begins..


No comments:

Post a Comment