Monday 27 April 2015

KCW Yet Another Geranium

I have had this on my to-do list for a little over a month and I'm wishing I'd sewn it up sooner!




I'd originally planned to make a playtime Tunic, but alas, the trusty Geranium pattern has won out again.  I seriously love this pattern!  It's so versatile and lends itself to all sorts of fabrics and embellishments.  I'm planning on another shortly with some added embroidery.  Watch this space! (There, now because I've said that here, I will HAVE to sew that project up quickly)


This is a size three, sleeveless dress with pleats.  I love the cap sleeves for summer but reckon the sleeveless will layer just a bit better for our Winter. As usual it went together very quickly, just took one day, and I am getting better at stitching in the ditch to catch the lining.  I really should just start hand sewing that bit, but the machine is just SO much quicker!

Time for my close up!
The fabric is some Cotton and Steel that I bought as soon as I saw it.  I have a little over half a metre left so I'll make something else out of it soon, I'm thinking a roller skate tunic maybe... Let me tell you, it was a bitch to cut out nicely.  I always pre-wash my fabric and it must have warped slightly because if I had the pattern piece lined up nicely on the vertical line of the print it didn't match up on the horizontal!  With much wrangling and tugging I finally got it lined up as best I could.  I'm wondering if next time I have to match a print up whether or not it's worth skipping the pre-washing?


It looks great on Freya and I am super pleased how it turned out.  She also liked it calling it a "pretty dress"  when I put it on her this morning.  It's been a great Kids Clothes Week for me this season.  Luckily, for once, there's been no events at work, family occasions or illnesses, so I've been able to fully take part.  Fingers crossed for next season, not that I don't try to sew everyday anyways.. Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a sewing addict.


2 comments:

  1. Wow that are a lot of pleats, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely prefer the pleats instead of gathers in this pattern!

    ReplyDelete