Tuesday 11 March 2014

Heidi and Finn Pintuck Blouse.

As soon as this pattern cropped up on my Facebook News feed I was hanging out for it to be available.  It is a nice simple top or dress which can have either short or long sleeves with a row of pintucks on the front.
There's something about the simplicity of this top and yet it looks so effective.  I'd recently been to a quilt shop in Geelong where I'd bought a metre of "I love to Read" by Alexander Fabrics Collection.

It was one of those purchases with no particular pattern in mind but I knew I wanted it.  Dogs and cats reading, how could I resist?
My original idea was to make my own binding to match but while I was sewing it up and came to think a nice contrast might just finish it off nicely.  After viewing the finished product I think it was the right choice.
It's a bit big but since I am trying to preempt the next growth spurt and be a bit prepared for winter I really don't mind.
The pattern went together quite quickly and easily.  There aren't any actual lines on the pattern pieces for the pintucks like I might have expected but the clear instructions make them so easy to do.
I really like this pattern and can see many more versions in my future sewing plans.  A great pattern for winter and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment