Monday 28 April 2014

Swingset Tunic

Sometimes I look past a pattern many times, not really interested and then for one reason for another I see the same pattern on another day and it becomes a "must have".  That's what happened with the Oliver+S Swingset Tunic.
I had this green fabric in the stash and wasn't entirely sure what to do with it until one day inspiration struck.  I find it's been a great top for Summer but it also works really well layered with a long sleeve top and leggings for during Winter. It looks great on Freya, but unfortunately I don't have any shots of her wearing it.
I wouldn't say it was the easiest top I've ever put together.  There was one particular bit with the placket where I wasn't 100% sure I was doing the right thing and I checked a tutorial online.  Luckily I was on the right track anyway and it all went together very smoothly after that.  I think the next time I make it will be much easier.
I used some snaps in the back and the colour matched pretty closely.  In the end the fabric was definitely the right choice for this pattern and I think I will get a lot of use out of this top.

No comments:

Post a Comment