Monday 3 October 2016

My First Jump-rope Dress

This is the first time I've made this pattern and it sure won't be the last!


This is the Jump-rope dress by Oliver and S.  I've been interested in it for a while but waited until Little Miss was in the larger size range before getting it.  To be honest I was a bit intimidated by the placket and other features, but the instructions are very clear and I made sure I was extra careful and it turned out just fine.


While I do love sewing quick and simple dresses, I actually really enjoyed putting something a bit more complicated together.  This really isn't a quick sew but I reckon it would be easier the next time I make it.


The print is Cotton and Steel (yes, I'm a bit of a fan girl apparently!) from the Cat Lady collection.  I bought a metre and a half and some mustard without any real plans in mind but as soon as I thought of this pattern I knew it would be a winner.


I think this would be up there with the favourite things I've ever made.  I think it looks great on Freya.  This is a size 4 which is generous on her, without being too big.  I know she'll get a lot of wear out of it.  


3 comments:

  1. Great job. I too have considered making this but it seemed more a school girl dress than toddler. My granddaughter just turned 4 and wears a 4 so I think it's time to try the pattern. It looks adorable on Freya, and I cannot get over how fast she is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up SO fast!! It's worth spending the time on for sure!

      Delete
  2. Precious! I live that fabric, and the yellow makes the details pop!

    ReplyDelete