Sunday 19 March 2017

Denim Tic Tac Toe

I;m really kicking myself for not buying this pattern sooner!


This is the Tic Tac Toe dress from Sewpony.  I'm not sure why I didn't get this until now.  I have seen and liked many versions online but just never got around to it.  I'm certainly glad I have now.


This fabric I've had on my shelf for a while, one of those ""I like it so much I'll keep saving it".  It's some Art Gallery denim and was dream to sew with.  Although it is a denim, it's lovely and soft and has a lovely drape.  It worked perfectly for this dress.


I decided to sew up the version where the bodice is split up a bit.  There's so many different ways to put this pattern together  it can suit many different fabric and combinations.  I used just one fabric here, but I'd love to have a go at playing round with some different fabric combinations. It's a great way to use up some of those small piece of left over fabric.


I added some white piping which shows up the lines of the dress beautifully.  I love the way the piping continues down to outline the pockets.


I made a size 5 and it's a little roomy but fine.  I thought she might just grow out of the four too quickly.  Freya's on the borderline of so many patterns at the moment it's hard to know what size to make sometimes.


The pockets were a big hit!



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I really love this Art Gallery denim!!! I love denim full stop, but his floral one is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete