Sunday 13 August 2017

A Despicable Tinny Dress

It's another Tinny dress folks.




This is definitely my most used pattern now.  This time I've used the bow collar from the Laure Dress. I really love how some designers make their patterns mix and match. It opens up even more options than the one pattern (although this one still has plenty!)


This dress is actually based on the character of Lucy Wilde from Despicable Me 2. Everytime Freya enjoys watching or reading something now she asks for a dress. I had originally thought of making her a minion denim pinafore but she insisted Lucy was her favourite so that's what I went with.


I used a white and pink fabric for the bow as a nod to Lucy's scarf and of course the twirly skirt of the Tinny is always a winner.


I was a bit worried when I showed her while I was half-way through making it, and she said it was wrong.  But luckily she loved it when I'd finished and wanted to wear it straight away.


I was just happy to make something not based on a Disney Princess. I'm really enjoying making these character inspired dresses.  My goal is to be make wearable for everyday while still having that dress up quality. 


1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely dress! Love the polka dotted tie:)

    ReplyDelete