Monday 3 November 2014

Lunch Box Culottes

Each season I find myself looking forward to the new Oliver and S patterns and this Fall range was no exception.  I knew there was a culottes pattern coming for the little people and I knew it would be one pattern I'd want to have a try of making for Freya.
























I'd seen this Robert Kaufman quilter's linen in my local quilt shop and knew it would be ideal for this pattern.  I now want to go back and buy more of this fabric for me!  I really love the colour and it was lovely to sew with.  The pattern itself was easy to sew up and came together very quickly. The only thing that took a bit of time was the waistband as I let go right of the elastic right at the end and had to slowly and painstakingly try to coax it out again.

Hooray!
Every time I have ever measured Freya's waist it has been 21 inches so as I was sewing these at night I just went with those measurements for the elastic.  Little did I know she must be having a growth spurt as she has lost at least an inch off her waist so these are a little big.  I think it will be an easy fix though.


I wasn't expecting to like these as much as I do, and I really do!  They really look very sweet and I haven't seen anything like them in the shops here.  I also like how they will be nice for Summer and covers up her AFO a bit too.  Not that I care too much about people seeing her boot but it will be nice to be able to disguise it a bit here and there in the warmer weather. The t-shirt is a plain one from target that I embroidered a design from urban threads. This little girl loves her monsters!

Now the only question is how many is too many?

Time for a quick getaway

No comments:

Post a Comment