Monday, 22 June 2015

Gingham Charlie Dress

I am slowly but surely overcoming my fear and loathing of bias binding...

This is the Charlie dress pattern by Mingo and Grace.  I've made one before and figured it was time for a new one.  This time I used some lovely navy gingham which was a bit of an impulse buy.  I'm definitely getting better at the binding for the neck and armholes.  In this pattern it asks you to attach the binding and then sew the side seams which is much easier.  I used french seams on the side seams to give it a nice finish there.

While I was sewing the bodice together I started thinking more and more about adding some red piping to the bottom.  I unfortunetly didnt have any cord binding so I just used some flat binding instead.  I'm so glad I did.  It really finished the dress off nicely and adds a bit more pop!  I just noticed looking at the photos that it also works nicely with her new AFO boot!

Freya was in a bit of a somber mood today as you can see from the photos.  She cheered up a bit when I gave her the Peppa Pig watering can she got given this weekend.  She has spent a lot of time watering and the cat and telling it to "grow".  This morning she has discovered the satisfaction of banging it with a wooden spoon...

All in all I'm happy with the dress and she didn't want to take it off either which is always a good sign.  I'm trying my best to participate in this KCW but unfortunately it has fallen on a very busy week with it being the last week of term.  I have many projects planned (as usual) I'll just have to see how many I can get through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment