Tuesday 20 October 2015

A Dragonfly Romper for a girl who is scared of flies...

For the first day of Kids Clothes Week I've gone back to an old favourite.

This is the Cali Faye Marina Romper.  I've made two of them before and I think it's been one of my husband's favourite things I've made.  Whenever he was home with Freya he would dress her in them.


This is size three. There's a generous sizing to this pattern, but I've found with the elastic cuffs you can tuck the hem up a bit.  You also get that lovely billowy effect which is what makes this pattern so lovely.  


I'm pretty sure I've shortened the ties here (I was using the pattern piece I cut out last year) as there's one size fits all on the pattern.  We actually tie it with the bows at the back instead of on top of her shoulders.  The only tip I would say construction wise is to draw stitching lines for the bottom elastic row before inserting elastic into the top.  Other than that the pattern all goes together smoothly and easily.


This is some Cloud 9 fabric I've always admired but never bought.  I hadn't even been planning on making this romper again officially but the idea came while I stood in the shop holding the bolt and that was that.  Actually looking at the rest of my sewing plans I think my unofficial theme for this KCW is rompers and pants (although I may sneak one dress in there)


I was able to persuade Freya to take some photos after Child care today.  She loves to go and actually gets cross on days that she doesn't get to go, but she's also very tired when we get her home.


It's been a good start for KCW for me.  Work starts however tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to muster up a bit of sewing energy tomorrow night.

1 comment: