Saturday 26 July 2014

KCW Day 7

Today was a much more productive day, thank goodness.  I managed to fit in some sewing and did some chores so I'm calling that a win.  Today I did a few different things.  I finally managed to put the snaps on the dungarees and pinafore I'd made so I'll have some modeled pics soon. I also finally finished a dress I'd started a month ago.  I'd admired the Louisa dress by Compagnie M for a long time and had bought, printed and traced the pattern but I was a bit intimidated by the invisible zipper.  A few weeks ago I decided to just give it a shot and while it was a little wonky it turned out OK.




I seemed to have no end of trouble with this dress.  It took me a couple of attempts to get the piping evenly sewn in, the zipper took me a fair while to get right and I just couldn't get the sleeves set in nicely.  In the end I just needed to put it down and walk away for a while.  Today was finally the day I got back to it.  This time the sleeves sewed in nicely and the hems were all straight forward.

Perfecting the stare off into the distance pose.
I'd originally planned to use some light blue buttons to match the dots in the print but when it came to it the white ones just looked so much better.  It looks pretty cute on too, so much so I think I would sew it again.  I'm also quite proud of the print matching on this dress.  The front has lined up pretty well but my zipper issues meant the back is just ever so slightly off.  Freya seemed to like it though and was quite excited when she saw the zip.


Today I also embroidered another two shirts for my cousin and one for Little Miss.  No issues this time here either so all in all, a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment